– Advertisement –
The COVID pandemic has not only impacted businesses but also drastically altered the lifestyle. With lockdown, quarantine, and self-quarantine becoming the norm of the day, we are forced to adjust to staying more at home and adapting to working from home. As ‘social distancing’ is being practiced aggressively, you need to shop at odd hours and not hang out with your friends. Even though you get more time to exercise, laziness and lethargy start taking precedence. You are more inclined towards all the lip-smacking snacks getting prepared and lying around the kitchen. You end up eating more of what should not be eaten. The Importance of Regular Health Checkup
The mental stress is no less either. The complete change of staying indoors, not mingling and hanging out with friends, etc. have an emotional effect that makes us turn towards binge eating. The financial stress and an uncertain future have also increased mental tension, depression, anxiety, and overall emotional instability. Peanut Butter Oatmeal For Weight Loss: Here’s The Protein-Rich Breakfast Recipe For Vegans & Vegetarians (Watch Video)
But, the changed physical and mental state has increased the importance of eating healthy and staying healthy. We need to get used to the new normal lifestyle. But nothing is impossible! You can be surprised at how easy it can be. Check out some of the superb ways to include exercise, healthy habits, and a proper diet while following quarantine and self-isolation guidelines.
#1 Plan out your meal
– Advertisement –
During quarantine and self-isolation, cooking is emerging as a favorite activity even though grocery shopping visits need to be cut down. Mixed with stress, you would inevitably end up eating more than a typical meal. Unfortunately, the excess is often unhealthy snacks and food. But, you can get the order back by planning out your nutrition diet. Prepare a list before going grocery shopping. It will inevitably pick up the right kind of food for your meals as well as snacks. A few key things to heed to are:
- Pick more fresh food instead of processed foods. They are healthier and pack fewer calories.
- Load up extra fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. They are full of complex carbohydrates and essential vitamins and minerals. Also, add plenty of proteins and healthy fats like pulses, lean meat, tuna fish, etc. They not only keep you satiated longer but also help you in remaining lean and healthy.
- Ensure that your cupboard is loaded up with all kinds of spices and herbs that would help you intake less salt and sugar and make delicious meals.
- Look up the net for versatile yet straightforward and healthy dishes. Oats, croutons, noodles, rice, eggs, etc. are some items that must always be in your kitchen store. Whenever hungry, they make for an excellent and healthy snack.
- Remember to drink plenty of water and remain hydrated.
- Take multivitamins, vitamin D tablets, etc. after consulting your doctor so that you are not missing any essential nutrients.
- Practice mindful and small portion eating to help prevent overeating.
- Add superfoods and immunity-boosting food in your diet.
- Always eat two to three hours before sleep. It would induce better sleep and would be healthier.
These tips will help you buy all ingredients at one go and pick up only the healthy food items.
Poha For Healthy Breakfast; Here’s Why Should Eat This Indian Dish As Your Morning Meal For Good Health (Watch Recipe Video)
#2 Exercise daily
We despair of doing exercises at home, but options at home are immense and versatile. You can even get in better shape than when you worked out in a gym. Few remarkable ways include:
- The easiest is to borrow the skipping rope of your kids or get one for yourself. It is as intensive an exercise as cardio and does not require much space.
- There are plenty of home exercises like stretches, lunges, jumping jacks, etc. that do not require any equipment and help you sweat and burn calories.
- Dance routines are heaps of fun and help you stay in great shape. You can even groove while cooking, washing clothes, etc. It would also kill the boredom of the job.
- Floor exercises like yoga, Pilates, etc. are excellent ways to keep healthy.
- If you practice social norms, wear your mask, and take all precautions. You can also go out for walking, bicycling, running, etc. If you have a large backyard, terrace, you can even take advantage of large open spaces.
- Try adopting bite-sized exercises. Taking a five-minute break from work and stretching, performing a few lunges and stretches during a TV commercial, climbing stairs, doing living room exercises are just a few tips and tricks that would help you stay fit without breaking a sweat.
#3 Form a routine
Staying at home has made your daily routine a bit cluttered. However, it does not mean that new ones cannot be formed. Sticking to a routine gives you a sense of habit, safety, and normalcy, that goes a long way in keeping you sane and healthy. Few tips to follow are:
- Always wake up and sleep at fixed times to keep you well-rested and calm at all times.
- Always eat a healthy breakfast. It would help you stay energized and avoid junk and excessive eating.
- Keep a stock of healthy snacks to satiate unexpected hunger pangs but always practice portion eating to stop intaking extra food.
- Create a workplace so that you are working there undisturbed, and it feels like an office space.
- Stick to an active daily routine to keep both your body and mind fit. Take short breaks, interact with family members, and do odd jobs so that you do not feel cut-off.
– Advertisement –
When your life falls into a routine, stability comes in and gives you the feeling of normalcy.
#4 Ensure proper and sound sleep
Restful and adequate sleep can tackle plenty of problems. Remaining in the home makes you sluggish, and you might end up under or over-sleeping too little. Both are harmful. You must get into the habit of taking proper sleep at the right time. Few tips that could help are:
- If you are facing difficulties in sleeping, try ordering some anavar canada. They offer plenty of health and mental benefits and induce restful sleep. Devoid of THC compound, they are safe and healthy to consume and help you better tackle many health and psychological problems.
- Reading a book or listening to music just before sleeping calms your mind and induces better sleep.
- Meditating or performing yoga can be oddly therapeutic and help you sleep better.
- Abstain from digital devices like smartphones, laptops, etc. at least two to three hours before sleep. You would enjoy better and restful slumber.
#5 Fight Negative Emotions
The most significant impact of self-isolation and quarantine has been on your mental health. You feel being cut-off from your friends and relatives. The work side has changed entirely, and many face dangers of unemployment and financial crisis. Because of the stress, anxiety, depression, etc., few people take to overeating while others lose their appetite. Both conditions are bad for health. Hence, it becomes essential to manage our stress level. Few things you can do are:
- A balanced diet and exercise keep your body healthy and keep your mental state happy and calm. Hence, you must never skip them.
- Try practicing yoga and meditation. They work wonders in helping you attain mental sanity and develop a positive attitude to life. You can face the challenges of life in a much calm and calculative manner.
- Take proper and restful sleep. It’s like a magic pill that can blow away plenty of problems.
- Develop healthy and productive hobbies like photography, painting, cooking, etc. They are oddly therapeutic and help you heal effortlessly. They keep you occupied and evoke a feeling of accomplishment and achievement that helps you feel good about yourself.
- Use free apps and social media platforms like Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc. to connect with your friends. Most of the platforms feature group chat, video conferencing, etc. It would take away the feelings of isolation and rising depression. It would also help you listen to another person’s problems and empathize and sympathize with them. The move would also help you voice your issues, seek help, and feel it getting lighter. Even constructive solutions might come up.
- Start reading a book or listening to music. Both are oddly therapeutic for the mind and help you develop a positive attitude.
- If required, seek professional help, which is readily available over smartphones and the internet today.
The pandemic has given rise to strange situations. But we, with our resilience, mental strength, and a positive outlook, can win it. Discipline, a conscious effort, and best habit practicing will soon get us in the groove of a healthy lifestyle and a happy personality. Do not spend a second thinking of how you will entail and incorporate such habits into your lifestyle. Instead, make them a part of your life.
– Advertisement –